Introduction to Biomimicry Workshops
Please join us for the following Biomimicry101 Workshops (as stand alone or to kick-start your Biomimicry Learning Journey this year).
- Cape Town, Saturday 3rd March 8.30am-4.30pm and Sunday 4th March 9am-1pm OR
- Gauteng, Saturday 11th March 8.30am-4.30pm and Sunday 12th March 9am-1pm, OR
- KZN Midlands, Saturday 11th March 8.30am-5.30pm and Sunday 12th March 9am-1pm
What will the workshop include?
- An introduction to biomimicry – the what and why of biomimicry
- The core elements of biomimicry – emulate, ethos, (re)connect
- The different levels of biomimicry – form, process and system
- Case studies illustrating how biomimicry could transform our world
- The basic tools and skills of biomimicry thinking and practice
- Exercises and activities to practice some core components of the biomimicry methodology
- An overview of local projects illustrating biomimicry in practice
- An opportunity to work on mini design challenge relevant to your field of work
- The Gauteng workshop will be lead by Biomimicry Professional: Gamelihle Sibanda
- The Cape Town workshop will be lead by Biomimicry Practitioner: Jessica Warner
- The KZN workshop will be lead by Biomimicry Professional: Claire Janisch
How to Apply and Cost:
The cost for the workshop is R1850per person. The price is the same in all 3 locations. Discounted rates are available for students/NGOs.
Apply by sending an email to email@example.com by 17 February 2017
You will then receive venue details and an invoice.